Sunday, April 25, 2010

Week 4-blog 4 reflection on Liz Dalton blog on AR summary

Liz,
I agree that once you get done with the research more ideas begin to flow. I already have almost as many new technology tools to use for communication as I actually used in my research. I've been more excited with my research as I've had time to reflect on it instead of being tied up with other class work. I know you'll do fine.


Liz Dalton blog:
I was really nervous about doing my Action Research Summary. I have been very nervous about everything to do with Action Research since my literature review has not been approved. I looked at Mark’s and Roxanne’s example and then I decided to give it a try. As soon as I got started it seemed to flow very easily. I guess when you work with something as long as I have been working with my action research you know it like you know your spouse or children and you could talk about it all day. So then I was worried I would make it too long.

As I was completing my summary, many ideas for change came to me that I would like to try next school year. One idea, that I am very excited about and actually tried with out me realizing it, is to screenflow the lesson and the assignment. Students get on my web site to do the assignment in class. This will familiarize my students with the web site early so they feel comfortable getting on it at home or in the library. I actually screenflowed a lesson for my class when I had a substitute. My substitute loved it because she understood what the students were suppose to do as well as my students who were use to the protocoln in my class.

I am so excited about the possibilities that my web site can help my students and make me a more effective teacher.

No comments: